Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipient…

Author: Sebastien J. Gross
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipients
Matthew Byng-Maddick <exim@???> writes:

> In what way do you believe this to be a ``really invalid address''. It
> looks fine to me. The fact that it's a delivery error and isn't using
> a NULL sender is obviously wrong, but OTOH, if when you try to bounce
> to it it does return a NULL sender bounce, then it's OK. The reason for
> using a NULL sender is to avoid mailloops. It obviously causes one more
> message than necessary, but you will still avoid mailloops, so you are
> still compliant.

I'm OK with the 2nd bounce. But I got such a messageafter the first
bounce:

Your message
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
was not delivered to:
HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD@???
because:
User HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD (HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD@???) not
listed in public Name & Address Book
Reporting-MTA: dns;smtp.domain.tld
Final-Recipient: rfc822;HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD@???
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Notes; User HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD
(HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD@???) not listed in public Name &
Address Book

How do I know that message sent from HOSTNAME/DOMAIN/TLD@??? is
an error message?

Thus this is a _really bad_ server configuration IMHO.
--
Sebastien J. Gross