Re: [Exim] Re: success delivery + sender gets error

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Miquel van Smoorenburg
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: success delivery + sender gets error
* "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <list-exim-users@???> [20021008 12:54]: wrote:
> In article <20021008093946.GA93623@???>,
> Odhiambo G. Washington <wash@???> wrote:
> >I have an interesting problem here. Exim-4.10 with procmail as LDA.
> >I have a local user who sends mail (local server) to other local users,
> >but what happens is that whereas the e-mail gets delivered, this user
> >gets an error still, like this:
> >
> >  fred@???
> >    local delivery failed

> >2002-10-08 10:54:54 17ypCf-00021Q-00 ** wash@??? R=procmail
> >T=procmail_pipe: Child process of procmail_pipe
> >transport returned 74 (could mean input/output error) from command:
> >/usr/local/bin/procmail
> >
> >Maybe someone can help advise on some diagnostic methods, apart from exim -d.
>
> Set the "return_output" option on the transport - then you can
> see the error message procmail is generating.

Hello Mike,

I've tested return_output and return_fail_output but in both cases, the error
that the sender receives does not give anything more that "local delivery failed".

Any more clues?

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."
        -- G. Fitch