[Exim] success delivery + sender gets error

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] success delivery + sender gets error
Hello Gurus,

I have an interesting problem here. Exim-4.10 with procmail as LDA.
I have a local user who sends mail (local server) to other local users,
but what happens is that whereas the e-mail gets delivered, this user
gets an error still, like this:

<cut>
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

  fred@???
    local delivery failed

------ The body of the message is 31095 characters long; only the first
------ 5120 or so are included here.

</cut>

I am unable to reproduce this error myself and therefore I am stuck.

Another second instance is where this same user sends an e-mail to me.
This time I see an error like this in the mainlog:

2002-10-08 10:54:54 17ypCf-00021Q-00 ** wash@??? R=procmail T=procmail_pipe: Child process of procmail_pipe
transport returned 74 (could mean input/output error) from command: /usr/local/bin/procmail

I'm actually lost for words to explain this. Some mail get delivered to me while
some don't. I am not doing any special filtering for the senders whose mail is
bouncing.

Maybe someone can help advise on some diagnostic methods, apart from exim -d.

Thanking you.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"... And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of
your own."
            -- "Scoop" Nisker, KFOG radio reporter
           Preposterous Words