Re: [Exim] Exim 4 + Unroutable address?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jay Klesitz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 + Unroutable address?
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Jay Klesitz wrote:

> My problem is with routing. I keep receiving "Unroutable Address".
>
> Here is the debug log
>
> mirage:/etc/exim# /usr/sbin/exim -d -bt jay@???
> Exim version 4.10 uid=0 gid=0 pid=17465 L=834cd8 D=fff7577f

OK, that's pretty full debugging turned on...

> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (April 7, 2002)
> changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
> uid=0 gid=0
> auxiliary group list: <none>
> trusted user
> admin user
> originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=root
> sender address = root@???
> Address testing: uid=0 gid=1000 euid=0 egid=1000
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> Testing jay@???
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> Considering jay@???
> active address jay@???
> local_part=jay domain=mirage.packetworks.net
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> routing jay@???
> no more routers

It has reported on no previous routers. Therefore, your configuration
must have NO routers defined. That is the problem.

<A configuration with routers snipped>

Are you sure that Exim is really seeing that file? What is the output
from

exim -bP configure_file

? Is it the correct file name? (I guess I should make it put that in the
debugging output, come to think of it.)