Re: [Exim] failed to open DB file

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Neal D. Becker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] failed to open DB file
On 7 Oct 2002, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> I'm testing 4.10 on Linux (RH8.0).
>
> I saw one of these messages in my main.log, is it normal?
>
> failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp: File exists

People report this from time to time. I have spent quite a lot of effort
trying to track down what is going on, but so far, I have never managed
to figure out what is happening. I think it must be some kind of timing
problem, but nobody has ever managed to find a way of reliably provoking
this error. If you can do so, please tell me!