Re: [Exim] Dnslists lookups not always working

Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Dnslists lookups not always working
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> I'm using a few DNSBLs here, to drop e.g. 419s from Nigeria and Yahoo.
> However, I've noticed that occasionally, the spam gets through, which is
> annoying.

Are you saying that sometimes Exim doesn't use or honor your configured
dnsbl?

> What could be the reason for this? My sucky ADSL connection, a DNS/network

I am guessing that this is not an Exim issue, but that your dnsbl doesn't
have those sending IPs listed. (Note that most dnsbl lists build their
databases based on user submissions in addition to its own scanning, so
you could submit this IPs to your dnsbl providers.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/