Re: [Exim] $local_part equivilent in an ACL

Autor: Rick Ennis
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] $local_part equivilent in an ACL
Thanks for the suggestion Philip. Since I'm trying to decide whether or not
to do a "verify=sender/callout" on a message (based on the contents of a
file in the recipient's home directory), I think I may end up waiting for
that far off new option. It sounds like it would be possible with the
router solution, but very messy.

I'd have to have a verification router do the lookup in the file from their
home directory and then get that success/failure result back to
the ACL to determine whether or not to do the callout. But I wouldn't be
able to use the basic success/failure of the router itself (for the callout
decision) because I'd need that to determine if the recipient address is
actually valid. ....hey, there isn't a way to call "verify = recipient"
from an ACL and specify which router to start with, is there? Then I could
do two verifications of the recipient address. The first could return to
the ACL the validity of the address. The second could tell me about the
contents of the file and whether or not to verify the sender. But I don't
think that's an option.