RE: [Exim] Exim 3.36 using ldap in router condition

Author: Douglas Gray Stephens
To: brandon pearson (BITS)
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim 3.36 using ldap in router condition
Brandon,

At 10:35 (GMT+0100) on 3-October-2002, brandon pearson (BITS) wrote:
> [...]

I would suggest that you make an ldap call to the server using a DN
that you know will exist (e.g. just the base object, or use
cn=monitor
). You know the response (e.g. objectclasses in object), and can then
test to see if the response was the expected one. If it was not, then
you know there is a problem on the server, and can defer the message.

Douglas.

--

Douglas GRAY STEPHENS

Phone  +44 1223 325295