Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callo…

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Dave C.
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callout.
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>
> > Excuse me, but it's not the callbacks that are getting in the way of
> > otherwise legitimate mail, it's those badly-configured servers.
> > You're saying that under pressure from your users, you're willing to
> > break specified procedures. We can't stop anyone from making that
>
> Well, technically the callbacks dont fall under specified procedures
> either.

OK, but the callbacks themselves aren't the problem. The underlying
problem is there, whether we use callbacks or not. It just so happens
that using callbacks reveals their defect at an earlier point in the
procedure, _before_ we get into a situation where we need to send them
a non-delivery report and only then find that they won't accept it.

all the best