RE: [Exim] Has anyone tried Red-Hat 8 yet?

Author: Jeff Hahn
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Has anyone tried Red-Hat 8 yet?
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Terry Shows wrote:

> I guess that is my question. I have a contract to set up a new mail server
> for a client, and am not interested in living through any nightmares if I
> don't have to.

The general rule for avoiding nightmares is to avoid the .0 release of
anything. The Microsoft corollary is avoid until Service Pack 1 (if
you're unable to avoid it forever)

I realize that there supposedly have been huge advances in software
testing and debugging, but I don't see it! I think this rule applies even
more now in the age of "gotta get some additional revenue for the third
quarter" commercial software.

-Jeff