Re: [Exim] eximstats and syslogd

Autor: Steve Campbell
A: Segree, Gareth
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] eximstats and syslogd
--
Gareth,

> The date format for my syslog is in the form Sep 10 2002 13:20:22
> What would I need to put in the eximstat to get it to work with this
> format (instead of yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss which is the format that
> exim writes to)?

I'm loath to modify eximstats to be able to parse syslog timestamps, as
the timestamp parsing section is time critical and needs to be as
simple and fast as possible. Also, there are a variety of different
syslog time formats so it would be difficult to put in a simple
solution which would satisfy everyone.

Instead, you could use a pre-parser to process syslog and then pass the
results to eximstats. I've written one and attached it. To use, just do

syslog_to_mainlog.pl Syslog_file | eximstats

I've never tried parsing syslog output before, so let me know how how it
goes!

Steve.
--
[ syslog_to_mainlog.pl of type text/x-perl deleted ]