Re: [Exim] Exim through a firewall

Author: Elimar Riesebieter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim through a firewall
--
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
James P. Roberts told:

[...]
> Depends on the firewall. A good firewall will block ALL the
> ports, and then open just the ones needed to provide the services
> the admins desire.

Yep!

> Assuming you (a) have access to an open port on the mailserver,
> and (b) have access to the server to setup something (for example,
> Stunnel) to listen for connections on that port... AND, you can
> configure Stunnel on the server side to connect to the
> mailserver's MTA... Then the answer might be "yes."

I do not know wether NT can work with ssh?

> Which brings up the question, why is port 25 blocked? Perhaps

Paranoia! They are anguished to receive to much spam. But we do have
to authenticate at M$Exchange. But this is done by plain text
hahahaha.
> they are not providing SMTP service at all? Is it maybe just a
> POP/IMAP server, not an SMTP server? Just wondering.

Both is available. SMTP and POP/IMAP.

Ciao

Elimar

--