Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: Sanjeev Ghane Gupta
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line
Quoting "Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta" <ghane@???>:

> I am working for a company that has, over the last year,
> accuired a number of subsidiaries, as well as changed its
> name. We use exim 3.35, on Debian woody.

> What I need is a way to notify users who recieve mail at the
> old.com address that they should contact the sender, and ask
> him to use the new address. I think the easiest way may be
> to add [OLD.COM] to the subject line when accepting mail, if
> condition matches, and asking users to handle these cases
> manually with their correspondents.

> I am using a system filter (thanks, Douglas Stephens).
> Anything I can add to it?

Here is a router I used in Exim 4 to add something to the subject modified
with your info:

old_address:
driver = redirect
domains = old.com : subsid1.com : subsid2.com
headers_remove = subject
headers_add = Subject: [$domain] $h_subject:
data = $local_part@???

Now, I don't know if Exim 3 likes this headers_remove/headers_add combo
nor if it would work in the filter...

HTH,

--
Patrice Fournier