Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Sanjeev \"Ghane\" Gupta, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line
ghane@??? (Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta) writes:

>> Or, have a transport that, if it sees RCPT TO: old.com, spits back an
>> autoreply to the sender before falling over to the next transport for
>> delivery?
>
> I do not want to "trouble" the sender, after all, its hardly
> his fault we renamed ourselves ;-)

Well, if your exim install doesn't trouble the sender, your user will have
to trouble him ...

And as I said, this way, the mail is delivered though an autoreply goes to
the sender.

If you want, I'm pretty sure that your transport can easily send an extra
email to the *recipient* - your user - instead of the sender, and have him
contact whoever sent him mail at foo@???

Far easier (and less dicey) than modifying mail content IMHO. Especially
as, given your location, your users routinely send and receive mail in (say)
big-5, shift-jis or other encodings.

    -srs