Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Sanjeev \"Ghane\" Gupta, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line
ghane@??? (Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta) writes:

> I now want to start cleaning up, more cleanliness sake; I am
> in favour of accepting old.com for ever in principle.
>
> What I need is a way to notify users who recieve mail at the
> old.com address that they should contact the sender, and ask
> him to use the new address. I think the easiest way may be
> to add [OLD.COM] to the subject line when accepting mail, if
> condition matches, and asking users to handle these cases
> manually with their correspondents.

Why not just use the exim equivalent of a .forward with the vacation
program?

Or, have a transport that, if it sees RCPT TO: old.com, spits back an
autoreply to the sender before falling over to the next transport for
delivery?

If you want to make the change far faster, I'd suggest bouncing old.com mail
with a 5xx message "please contact foo@???" - easily customizable if
foo@??? maps to foo@???

Otherwise, I'm sure you are aware that sheer inertia will leave old.com
permanently embedded in lots of outlook address books out there.

    -suresh