Re: [Exim] Newbie Config Problem

Author: Steve Manning
To: Mark Hynes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie Config Problem
On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 17:52, Mark Hynes wrote:
    As they're (presumably) not system (/etc/passwd) users you need to use
    some other way of determining if they're valid or not.

Mark

Actually they are user accounts on the system. The complication is that
the transport runs as a different user (vmail) so that it can access the
Courier-IMAP maildirs.

    There's numerous ways you could do this - the simplest probably adding something like
    "local_parts = list : of : usernames" to your router, or these could
    come from a file list of users, eg
    "local_parts = /a/file/with/a/listofusernames",
    or any other type of Exim lookup type.

Is this a simple way to create a virtual user list cos that might be
quite handy?

    You could also only deliver the mail if the user's directory already
    exists. If I remember rightly, some time ago a "directory list" type
    lookup was written (by Matthew Byng-Maddick I think?), but I can't
    find this with a quick look, although a better search of the docs
    than I've done would probably find out more.

Havn't found this yet but I'm still looking.

Thanks

    Steve

--

Steve Manning
4 Chestnut Way, East Goscote, Leicester, LE7 3QQ, UK