[Exim] Newbie Config Problem

Author: Steve Manning
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Newbie Config Problem
OK I've successfully compiled and tested 4.10 using MailDirs but I have
a small problem which I can't seem to overcome.

My MailDir folders are by username in the form
/home/vmail/maildirs/'username'/. My config is based upon the default
installation. If I leave the 'check_local_user' in the 'localuser:'
router the transport attempts to deliver to /home/'username' even though
the directory in the transport is set correctly. If I disable the
'check_local_user' in the router the transport delivers correctly.

This is ok but it does mean that if the user doesn't exist a folder is
created in the MailDirs for the non-existant user and the mail is
delivered into it although its never seen. I'm hoping I've overlooked
something obvious but so far I can't track it down. How can I deliver
into the specified directory but only to existing users?

For reference the config parts look like this:

#### Router Part ####

localuser:
    driver = accept
    check_local_user    # disable this for the maildirs to work
    transport = local_delivery

#### Transport Part ####

local_delivery:
    driver = appendfile
    maildir_format = true
    directory = /home/vmail/maildirs/${local_part}
    user = vmail
    delivery_date_add
    envelope_to_add
    return_path_add

TIA

    Steve

--

Steve Manning
4 Chestnut Way, East Goscote, Leicester, LE7 3QQ, UK