Re: [Exim] newbie: problem searching archive and lookuphost …

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Kevin Weslowski, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] newbie: problem searching archive and lookuphost defer error
At 08:28 PM 9/22/02 -0600, Kevin Weslowski wrote:
>I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on:
>http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/
>but whenever I do a search, I get how many results matched but no
>links to any of the results...what is going on or what am I smoking?

Try google, if you find pipermail (the mailman search engine) not all that
adequate (which is putting it lightly).

>Anyway, the error message I'm getting from "mainlog" is the following:
>R=lookuphost defer(-1): host lookup did not complete

So - there's a DNS problem with the host you are sending mail to.

>and when I try to run the queue, I get:
>routing defer (-42): retry time not reached

... and it is not yet time to retry the mail.

Try using exim_tidydb on a periodic basis to flush your retry /
wait-remote_Smtp dbs, if you think Exim is working on stale data here ...

         -srs