Re: [Exim] server-side management of public keys?

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] server-side management of public keys?
exim@??? (Kurt Lieber) writes:

> Where I work, we're evaluating a very nice product for MS Exchange that
> takes a lot of the configuration and headaches out of managing public
> keys. With this system, you install someone's public key into the keyring

Sounds a lot like PGPSendmail -
ftp://ftp.dhp.com/pub/crypto/pgp/PGPsendmail/

Warning - it is REALLY old - dates back to 1994-95, and doesn't look to have
been updated after that.

It is still part of the FreeBSD ports tree though -
/usr/ports/mail/pgpsendmail/

    -srs

> 1) What is it?
>
> The PGPsendmail/Unix Suite provides for automatic encryption and

decryption
> of Email messages, using PGP. The two main programmes are PGPsendmail and
> PGPdaemon.
>
> 2) PGPsendmail
>
> PGPsendmail is a drop-in wrapper for the standard sendmail programme

which
> resides as /usr/lib/sendmail on most Unix systems. It allows the

automatic
> encryption of outgoing messages by using the recipient's PGP public keys.

It
> does *not* provide for automatic decryption of incoming messages: such a
> feature would necessarily involve compromising your passphrase. However,

it