[Exim] Retry Rules and Hotmail

Autor: Chris H
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Retry Rules and Hotmail

Hi all:

Ive been having trouble with Hotmail lately. I run it with Request tracker (Customer Support Ticket Tracking System). Ive been telling people to test RT out with an exterior email address (ie Hotmail or Yahoo). Lots of people test it with Hotmail. However Hotmail gives us alot of errors and wont accept delivery (out of memory, etc...) alot of the time.

If I send to a fake address there it doesnt even generate an error mail (fakeaddress321@???) it just says connection refused from 3 or 4 hotmail MX servers in the exim logs.

This is no good because we need to get customer service emails out asap and I would at least like an error reply from Hotmail that i can give to customer support so they know if an email didnt make it though. Anyway, Im going to change exims retry rules to try every message every 5 min for 2 hours and then fail ( so the customer service people know where they stand ).

Anyone else delt with the same situation? Ive never had to change the default retry rules.

Sorry if this is not the right forum or off topic.

--CH