Re: [Exim] Timeouts using Spamassassin

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Timeouts using Spamassassin
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 08:36:20PM -0500, David wrote:
> >    I use:
> > check_mx_attempts               2
> > check_mx_delay                  1
> > rbl_timeout                     30

> My docs mention the first two, but no rbl_timeout
> >
> > 2) Set this in SA's local.cf too:
> >    timelog_path                    /var/log/salogs/current/
> >    It will keep a trace of all the message processing and show you were
> >    SA got held up

> This isn't mentioned in my docs, might give it a test try and see if it
> works.

It will not work with 2.20. I added those options in spamassassin for 2.30,
you won't find them before that. 2.40 is out though, so you should upgrade
anyway.

> > 3) If you use sa-exim, you can set a timeout on the whole SA process to
> >    avoid those timeouts.
> >    http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

> I've visited your site. I was a bit overwhelmed, it seems. I was a
> little hesitant about jumping into Exim 4 just yet (I believe this is a
> prerequisite?)

Yes it is.
That said, if you're setting up exim nowadays, you might as well setup exim
4. It has many more options.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key