Re: [Exim] Timeouts using Spamassassin

Autor: David
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Timeouts using Spamassassin
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 10:14:35PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 11:11:17PM -0500, David wrote:
> > After installing Spamassassin onto my system, I seem to be getting lots
> > of timeout problems. I have a pretty ancient system, so perhaps this is
> > the problem.. It's a Pentium 166, 80 meg ram on a dialup connection.
>
> 1) there are some settings in SA 2.30 and better to put a timeout on DNS
>    and razor queries, you should use them.

I think I'm in the category of those discussed in another thread.. I
didn't give enough information (but it was late last night).

I'm using Debian, and my SA is 2.20, Exim is 3.35 <blush>

>    I use:
> check_mx_attempts               2
> check_mx_delay                  1
> rbl_timeout                     30

My docs mention the first two, but no rbl_timeout

> 2) Set this in SA's local.cf too:
>    timelog_path                    /var/log/salogs/current/
>    It will keep a trace of all the message processing and show you were
>    SA got held up

This isn't mentioned in my docs, might give it a test try and see if it
works.

> 3) If you use sa-exim, you can set a timeout on the whole SA process to
>    avoid those timeouts.
>    http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

I've visited your site. I was a bit overwhelmed, it seems. I was a
little hesitant about jumping into Exim 4 just yet (I believe this is a
prerequisite?)

> > As noted above, however, this message timed out at 5 minutes.. so.. what
> > timeout would affect this, and is it alterable?
>
> I'm not sure what that timeout would be in exim.

It really seems that the pipe timeout would be the one, but it defaults
to one hour, and the timeout is 5 min, the default for several of the
other timeouts.