Re: [Exim] problem with pipe transport and apostrophes in lo…

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] problem with pipe transport and apostrophes in localparts
Ray Gardener wrote:
> --
> Hello all,
>
> I have been using a pipe transport to send messages through to

spamassassin:

> #passes mail to spamassassin daemon via spamc
> check_spam:
> driver = pipe
> user = exim
> group = exim
> prefix =
> suffix =
> log_output = true
> command = /usr/local/bin/spamc | /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -C

/usr/local/exim/e

\$LOCAL_PART\@$domain
> ignore_status = true
> use_shell = true
> path = /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
>

> For most mail this works ok - but there is a problem with names that

include apostrophes
> which affect the names of some people of Irish descent. The following

is the type of error

<fdrec@???>: check_spam

$LOCAL_PART@???

$LOCAL_PART@??? may not follow
> John.OConnell@???
>

> The sending address would be in the format John.O'Connell@???

but the pipe seems
> to be stripping out the apostrophe and somehow the following

components of the pipe command
> aren't fully expanded.
>
> Can anyone advise how I rectify this?

1.) why do you use $LOCAL_PART? use $local_part instead
2.) use the ${quote:} operator to quote every variable

${quote:$sender_address} ${quote:$local_part@$domain}