Re[2]: [Exim] Little LDAP question

Autor: Peter A. Savitch
A: Christopher Bodenstein
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] Little LDAP question
Hello Christopher,

CB> Thanks for pointing me to the $address_data. However, it is the number
CB> of tcp connections I'd really like to reduce.

CB> Talking about the use of $address_data, any idea if it uses more or less
CB> ressources than doing the lookup separately? (I think the question can
CB> be resumed by is extract using less ressources than lookup?)

I guess lookup is much more heavy than simple string parsing with
extract.

Exim will be aware of OpenLDAP2 UNIX sockets soon, it reduces TCP
overhead greatly. You can download and test Exim 4.10.8 from:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/

But use at Your own risk (I do it already ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:spam4octan@highway.ru