Re: [Exim] Little LDAP question

Autor: Christopher Bodenstein
A: Exim Users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Little LDAP question
On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 06:35:46PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Exim starts a new process for every delivery, so the connection can't be
> cached, but it will be cached while routing etc, if you want you can
> trick around a little bit and use address_data (exim4) to cache relevant
> data yourself.

Thanks for pointing me to the $address_data. However, it is the number
of tcp connections I'd really like to reduce.

Talking about the use of $address_data, any idea if it uses more or less
ressources than doing the lookup separately? (I think the question can
be resumed by is extract using less ressources than lookup?)

> ciao

Kind regards,

Chris

--