[Exim] Re: dnsdb query

Autor: edouard.boucher
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: dnsdb query

>>>You can use the normal dnslookup-router, it will prefer the
>>>primary-mx for deliveries, but the two domains must be listed in it.
>>

>> I can't do that because a loop can result (i'm using the same config file on >all
>> the 3 host), the differant secondary MX can bouce to each other the mail.
>> so i realy need to get the list of MX with the highest priority, or at least,
>> the list of MX with higher priority than the host runing exim.

>Look for ignore_target_hosts in the dnslookup-router and just ignore
>your 3 mailhosts.

i can't ignore thoses 3 host, because in my config, the 3 host are secondary MX
for each other.
I realy need to extract MX record with higher priority than the localhost for
the curent domain.
anyway, i think i need to use a ${perl statment because there is no looping or
sorting in exim syntax.

the strange thing is that there is a @mx_primary var in exim, but no way to get
the primary mx for an arbitrary domain

Edouard