[Exim] Re: dnsdb query

Autor: edouard.boucher
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: dnsdb query
>> I am secondary MX for 2 domain.
>> I store there mail in bsmtp format and then they get to there final host by
>> another mean.
>>
>> when i send a mail from my host runing exim to thoses domain,
>> i would like the mail to first try to be sent to the primary MX, and if fail
>> store it in the bsmtp file.
>>
>> Thanks to Nico Erfurth for the help about how to try only once.
>>
>> I am trying not to have the primary MX name coded in a file when routing the
>> first time for thoses domain.
>> So i would like to do a dnsdb query extracting the list of the primary MX host
>> to feed the route_list option.
>>
>> how can i do that ?
>You can use the normal dnslookup-router, it will prefer the
>primary-mx for deliveries, but the two domains must be listed in it.

I can't do that because a loop can result (i'm using the same config file on all
the 3 host), the differant secondary MX can bouce to each other the mail.
so i realy need to get the list of MX with the highest priority, or at least,
the list of MX with higher priority than the host runing exim.

Is the only way to do that a ${perl{ }} ?

thanks

Edouard