[Exim] verify/callout again

Autor: Phil Chambers
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] verify/callout again
Sorry about this, but I can't get callout working, at least I cannot get exim -d -bh
to give any indication that callout would happen.

Part of my acl_smtp_rcpt ACL is

  deny message = Unknown user "$local_part" at "$domain"
       domains = +relay_domains
       ! verify = recipient/callout

What I want is for callaout to happen when the address is found in +relay_domains.

I will not clog things up by giving a complete listing of the exim -d -bh output,
but what follows is what seems to me to be the critical bits (the recipient address
is "admin@excc"):

processing "deny"
check domains = +relay_domains
<snip> <snip>
excc in "+relay_domains"? yes (matched "+relay_domains")
data from lookup saved for cache
check !verify = recipient/callout

  Verifying admin@excc
  <snip> <snip>
  set transport local_smtp
  queued for local_smtp transport: local_part = admin
  domain = excc.ex.ac.uk
    errors_to=NULL
    domain_data=excc.ex.ac.uk localpart_data=NULL
  routed by local_domains router
    envelope to: admin@???
    transport: local_smtp
  ----------- end verify ------------
  deny: condition test failed
  processing "deny"   <<This is the start of the next part of the ACL>>

The local_smtp transport which is at the end of the routing is:

  local_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    gethostbyname
    hosts = ${lookup{${domain}>}cdb{/usr/local/exim/local-domains.db}{$value}fail}
    hosts_override
    no_multi_domain

Any ideas?

Phil.