Re: [Exim] Converting to v4 questions

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Converting to v4 questions
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Dan Egli wrote:

> Ummm, Ok, I think we are on oppisite sides of the coin here. I'm
> looking to get Exim 4 to SEND authentication information, not accept
> it. I'll deal with acceptance when I upgrade ShortCircuit.

Sending authentication info hasn't changed from Exim 3. You just need to
set up appropriate authenticators with client options, and set the right
options in the smtp transport (hosts_require_auth, hosts_try_auth).

> > Oh, look! Your ACL already has the authenticating thing. That should do
> > what you need. (Along with the authenticators.)
>
> so this will make exim v4 SEND an authentication to the other server?

No, that's for receiving. We were talking at cross-purposes. Sorry.

> If you did loose it I am happy to re-send it. But in the mean time,
> here's the v3 directors, routers, and transports. Funny thing is that
> localuser doesn't use domainlist :>

I tried running just those drivers through convert4r4, and there was no
problem. I'm afraid I do seem to have lost your v3 configuration (life
has just been too hectic lately). If you send it again, I'll test it
with the current version of convert4r4.