Re: [Exim] Converting to v4 questions

Autor: Dan Egli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Converting to v4 questions
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> > Use an accept router with appropriate pre-conditions to define what
>> > you mean by "outbound mail".
>> >

>>Ummm, Ok and how do I do that? I'm still quite the novice at v4.
>

> Guessing that "outbound" means "from the local network or local host".
> Let's assume you have a 24-bit local network 192.168.33.0. Untested, off
> the top of my head (sorry, no time for more):
>
> outbound:
>   driver = accept
>   condition = ${if or {  \
>                       {eq {$sender_host_address}{}} \
>                       {eq {${mask:$sender_host_address/24}}{192.168.33.0/24}} \
>                       }  \
>                (yes}{no}}
>   transport = the_name_of_the_transport

I will try that. Thanks!
>>Ok, and how do I check for that in the ACL?
>

> Take a look at the default configuration file. That has stuff about
> authentication, but commented out IIRC. Basically, you just have
>
>    accept authenticated=*

> in an appropriate place. You also need authenticators, which are
> unchanged from Exim 3.

Ummm, Ok, I think we are on oppisite sides of the coin here. I'm looking to get Exim 4 to
SEND authentication information, not accept it. I'll deal with acceptance when I upgrade
ShortCircuit.

>>And as to the script, Yes I
>>ran convert4r4. I sent you the config file that convert4r4 didn't parse
>>properly. Recall the config line that ended with a _ ?? :>
>

> Yes, I do, but I can't seem to find it any more. But I'm at home at the
> moment, and not in my usual environment. I hope I haven't really lost
> it.
>

>>That is straight from the config file created by convert4r4. Thats why
>>you wanted my v3 file so you could try and fix convert4r4. I'm sure it's
>>easy to get folks on this list mixed up though so no worries :>
>

> Oh, indeed. I'm getting absentminded anyway, but I'm now old enough not
> to be embarrassed any more. I just grovel when I've been *really* silly.

Hey, you're human. It happens to the best of us!

>>#!!# ACL that is used after the RCPT command
>>check_recipient:
>>  # Exim 3 had no checking on -bs messages, so for compatibility
>>  # we accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP).
>>  # We do this by testing for an empty sending host field.
>>  accept  hosts = :
>>  deny    hosts = +auth_hosts
>>          message = authentication required
>>         !authenticated = *

> Oh, look! Your ACL already has the authenticating thing. That should do
> what you need. (Along with the authenticators.)

so this will make exim v4 SEND an authentication to the other server?

>># This director matches local user mailboxes.
>>
>>localuser:
>> driver = domainlist
>> relay_to_
>> retry_use_local_part
>> route_list = "* shortcircuit.dyndns.org byname"
>> transport = shortcircuit
>

> That's *weird* because "domainlist" is an Exim 3 router name, which
> convert4r4 shouldn't generate.
>
> What was the original director? (Just in case I have been really silly
> and lost your v3 config.)

If you did loose it I am happy to re-send it. But in the mean time, here's the v3
directors, routers, and transports. Funny thing is that localuser doesn't use domainlist
:>

#Transports

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/spool/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
mode = 0660

shortcircuit:
driver = smtp
hosts = shortcircuit.dyndns.org
port = 4000
authenticate_hosts = shortcircuit.dyndns.org

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output

address_file:
driver = appendfile
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add

#directors

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

# routers

relay_to_shortcircuit:
driver=domainlist
route_list="* shortcircuit.dyndns.org byname"
transport=shortcircuit

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp