Re: [Exim] Saving rejected mail

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Saving rejected mail
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> So: once an ACL decides that a message is to be rejected, is that it --
> all is lost, gone, and out the window? Or is there a way (however
> sneaky) to get my hands on the headers and body just long enough to save
> them to disk somewhere?

The RCPT ACL doesn't reject messages; it rejects addresses. If all
addresses are rejected, the server doesn't even get to see the contents
of the message.

The DATA ACL does have the message available while it is running. I
guess you could use the ${run expansion item to sneak a copy of the -D
file (which does exist at that point). The headers are only in main
memory - but you can see them using $message_headers. Essentially this
is the same trick as using local_scan().