Re: [Exim] Stupid anti-spam testings... (fwd)

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Stupid anti-spam testings... (fwd)
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:04:13AM +0100, Matt Bernstein wrote:
> Does Exim cache results of eg verify = sender/callout ?
>
> See the below. The linux-kernel postmasters are people I'd like to see
> staying happy :)

Unfortunately not yet.
I did mention this when callbacks were first implemented, as well as the
issue the vger postmaster is reporting, was bound to happen.
Philip is aware of it, and that's on his list.

What you can (and probably should) do is disable envelope sender callbacks
on mailing lists you subscribe to. You can do header checks, but sender
checks are useless.

We also did discuss some way for mailing lists to be registered somewhere in
some dns list so that callbacks don't get done on them, but this hasn't
happened yet.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key