[Exim] Re: Closing an open relay

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Closing an open relay
--

                     ^

| <<< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
| <<< 250 OK id=17lZv1-0001sP-00

That sort of address is known as "percent hack" (I think it might also
be called "source routing").

percent_hack_domains          Type: domain list                Default: unset

    The 'percent hack' is the convention whereby a local part containing a
    percent sign is re-interpreted as a remote address, with the percent
    replaced by @. This is sometimes called 'source routing', though that term
    is also applied to RFC 822 addresses that begin with an @ character. If
    this option is set, Exim implements the percent facility for those local
    domains listed, but no others. The option can be set to '*' to allow the
    percent hack for all local domains.

    If options are set to control message relaying from incoming SMTP
    envelopes, they are also applied to relaying that is requested via the
    'percent hack'. See section 46.4.

Make sure you don't have this set, or have it set to an empty list.
It might also be worthwhile to check into receiver verification.

HTH,
-D

--
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout
is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/