Re: [Exim] ACL to verify recipient

Autor: Tom Samplonius
A: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: William Craven, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ACL to verify recipient
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> > What I would like to to is reduce the amount of bounce messages by
> > verifying that the recipient address is valid on our system before
> > accepting the message. I have read the ACLs section in the manual and I
> > am uncertain as to which ACL block to use and what ACL.
>
> To do this you will want to use a "verify = sender/callout" acl. This
> will verify the supposed sender address(es) before accepting the message
> into your system.

That would do sender verification, but the original poster asked about
recipient verification.

In Exim 3, recipient verification is as easy as "recipient_verify". You
can also turn on "sender_verify" to make sure the sender domain exists.
And then SMTP callbacks can be used to test the sender address versus the
sender's mail server.

Tom