Re: [Exim] POP3 Connector Does Not Download Email

Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: maillist
CC: exim list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] POP3 Connector Does Not Download Email
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, maillist wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q280331

> Now, the question is how do I filter messages which has null character
> in the header. Also, how do I find message with null character if I
> have to delete that particular message.

The Microsoft KB article seems to indicate that the problem also has to do
with NULLs in the message bodies themselves. Philip Hazel provided fixes
for the filter so it can work with NULLs -- but it does it by converting
them to spaces instead. So I don't think the filter can check for NULLs.

I haven't used a filter to strip NULLs from headers. I assume it
can't. Some external filter could do it.

Read the Knowledge Base article again:

     Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in [Microsoft
     BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5].  This problem was corrected in
     Microsoft Small Business Server 2000.

(And maybe ask your client to upgrade his software.)

Good luck,

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w