RE: [Exim] Exim does not send emails to remote users-Socket …

Autor: Jeff Breitner
A: 'Mr OCP'
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Exim does not send emails to remote users-Socket bind() error
Your problem is easily fixed.

Kill the sendmail process. Make sure it's killed by doing another ps
-ef | grep sendmail.

Then edit your startup scripts to make sure sendmail doesn't restart
when the system restarts. Better yet, once you have exim running to
your liking, simply insert the path to exim in place of sendmail.

The problem is, as many have stated, you're trying to tell Exim to bind
to port 25 when Sendmail is already there. Ports in Unix are like
golf-tees. Once a golf-ball is on the tee, it's hard to get another one
on top of it.