Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: "Could not complete sender callout che…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ralf G. R. Bergs
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: "Could not complete sender callout check" for domain w/o MX and unpingable A RR
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> Very strange that I get continuous temporary problems looking up the MX for
> that domain, but even stranger is that the reply varies with the tool I'm
> using:

I see similar output for mx and dig. Try seeing what Exim is doing by
using -d and -bt. This is with 4.10:

$ exim -d -bt x@???
Exim version 4.10 uid=1169 gid=1169 pid=51 L=834cd8 D=fff7577f
lookuphost router called for x@???
domain = sagarika.aero.iisc.ernet.in
DNS lookup of sagarika.aero.iisc.ernet.in (MX) gave NO_DATA
returning DNS_NODATA
DNS lookup of sagarika.aero.iisc.ernet.in (AAAA) gave NO_DATA
returning DNS_NODATA
DNS lookup of sagarika.aero.iisc.ernet.in (A) succeeded

and Exim routes happily to the A record.