Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: erroneous "all relevant MX records poi…

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumptes nous: AMaViS-ng compared to amavisd-new (was Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: erroneous "all relevant MX records point..."
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10: erroneous "all relevant MX records point..."
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:42:12 +0200, "Ralf G. R. Bergs"
<rabe@???> wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:56:38 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>>old amavis technology. Use amavis-ng from the system filter, and you
>>won't influence your debugging possibilities. This is one of the
>>reasons why I don't like the old oMr approach any more.
>
>Can you elaborate what would be different if I employed this approach? (Apart
>from easier debugging, as you seem to suggest.)

amavis-ng is an entirely new program, a modular design. Some code has
been taken from amavis, but the logic is different. The system filter
approach uses embedded perl, and the e-mail is only passed through
exim once. If the mail is clean, you can't see that the mail was
scanned as opposed to the additional set of Received:-Headers that are
added with the old approach.

Greetings
Marc