Re[2]: [Exim] Documentation error - quote_ldap example

Autor: Peter A. Savitch
A: Tony Earnshaw
CC: Brian Candler
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] Documentation error - quote_ldap example
Hello Tony and Brian,

[...]
TE> Sorry for the serialization. The whole point about Exim is, that it
TE> *always* does what you want it to in the end. It's just fantastic.

[...]

I investigated the Exim code this night and occasionaly understand
that the quote_ldap does ALL kinds of quoting: DN, Search Filters and
URL.

It is possible due to the LDAP specific nature (excess quoting is
okay). Refer to src/lookups/ldap.c for more info. We can sleep well...
So there is NO NEED for quote_ldapdn, quote_ldapfilter, quote_ldapurl,
etc. Sorry for the mess.

Tony, this time You were right, and I was not ;-)

bye
--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:spam4octan@highway.ru