Re: [Exim] Documentation error - quote_ldap example

Autor: Brian Candler
A: Tony Earnshaw
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Documentation error - quote_ldap example
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 03:44:08PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> man, 2002-08-19 kl. 15:34 skrev Tony Earnshaw:
>
> > Which I don't want and never use, testing with 'exim -bt' for anyone
> > present in the ldap database, either with a local address, mail routing
> > address or alias address, seems to work just as well:
>
> > 'exim -bt members@???' (group alias)
> > 'exim -bt tonni@???' (alias for local user)
> > 'exim -bt ftp@???' (alias for a local user)
> > 'exim -bt tonye@???' (local user)
> > 'exim -bt evy@??? (mail alias and local posixAccount user;
> > Actually an online.no - no=Norway, not nl=Holland - user).
>
> Oh, sorry.
>
> 'exim -bt members'
> 'exim -bt tonni'
> 'exim -bt evy'
>
> etc., works just as well. As long as a mail domain is present - can be
> any mail domain and the $local_part is known as an alias or a local
> user.

exim -bt tests mail delivery, i.e. through the routers.

I presume the 'server_condition' you gave is actually inside an
authenticator? In which case to test it you will need to send an SMTP AUTH
with the appropriate base64-encoded data.

Regards,

Brian.