[Exim] Re: Vexira MailArmor virus scanner and Exim

Autor: rogertomlinson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Vexira MailArmor virus scanner and Exim
Hi Gotthilf!

We to are using the outstanding virus scanner with Exim! I think everyone should
use it :-) Virus detection is good, it's very fast, and priced well. Did I mention
easy to install and use?

To change the virus scanning spool time change the "PollPeriod" in the vamailarmor.conf
file to a lower number. It is in seconds and the default is 60.

Vexira MailArmor is very flexible. We have to setup as a virus scanning proxy
in out static routes for mail. Works like this.

Exim (spam and rbl) <=> Vexira MailArmor <=> Exim

It is very effective this way but you can configure Vexira Mailarmor differently.

We have unlimited domain/mail box licenses so I have no idea on pricing but
you should be able to read more about on Central Command's website at http://www.centralcommand.com/mailserver_products.html

Roger

>Hallo!

>I have some questions about the Vexira MailArmor virus scanner and >Exim.

>At the company I work for we installed Vexira Mailarmor on our >Exim mail server

and have been very satisfied with the ability to >catch viruses but we would
like to decrease the virus scanning >spool time. How is this done?

>We are considering moving the Vexira Mailarmor virus scanner to >work as a

proxy and forward mail to Exim after being virus scanned >on seperate server
or should we use it on the same server with >Exim?

>We purchased a 10 domain license 10 domain license for $300. It >says that

up to 6000 mail boxes are included for this price. Does >anyone know if you
can added more domains to the existing purchase >or do you have to repurchase?

This message was sent from http://australia.edu
Check out the new international site at http://australia.edu/international