Followup: [Exim] To verify or not...

Author: Mills Mr C P
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Followup: [Exim] To verify or not...
Ok. Thanks for those responses.

I am currently in the process of migrating my mail systems from Exim
3.3 to Exim 4.1 on a new server. As a part of this process, I am
trialing the new server by forwarding all of my (personal) mail
through it (everyone else's mail is still being delivered by the old
server). Part of this migration will be to move my mailing list
server (mailman) to the new box too but this I have not yet done.

Looking through the logs on the new server, I can see messages with
rejected senders from the mailing list software. Presumably this is
because the sender appears to be on the local domain so Exim is
trying to look it up in it's own lists and because I have not yet
moved mailman to the new box, cannot resolve the addresses.

Is this indeed the case, and so I don't need to worry yet, or is
something more serious broken?

Many thanks

Chris