Re: [Exim] To verify or not...

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] To verify or not...
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:55:57PM +0100, Mills Mr C P wrote:
> But, is there any situation that anyone knows of when a legitimate
> address might get refused due to Exim not being able to verify the
> sender address? The last thing I want to do is block legit e-mail.

Since sender verification (unless using callbacks) only checks the
routability of the domain name, then if the remote end screw up their
DNS, you will block their mail. Alternatively if their end is so badly
misconfigured that they wouldn't get a bounce anyway, you may well also
block their mail. of course, if the former is the situation then their
inbound mail won't be delivered anyway, so it's a reasonably safe check.
In the latter case, there's no excuse for emitting broken envelope sender
mail onto the public Internet, and they should fix it anyway, as many
other places will almost certainly end up rejecting it.

MBM