Re: [Exim] local_domains @ not expending correctly

Autor: David Powers
A: Steve Haslam
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] local_domains @ not expending correctly
Thanks a lot. The command line to print out the variable was the piece I
needed to find the problem. I traced it back through the code to the
structure that the uname call fills when it is looking for an address - on
FreeBSD systems (or I should say, at least my FreeBSD system) the structure
is defined like this:

#define SYS_NMLN        32

struct utsname {
        char    sysname[SYS_NMLN];      /* Name of this OS. */
        char    nodename[SYS_NMLN];     /* Name of this network node. */
        char    release[SYS_NMLN];      /* Release level. */
        char    version[SYS_NMLN];      /* Version level. */
        char    machine[SYS_NMLN];      /* Hardware type. */
};

so that a long hostname like mail2.cornerstonecapitalpartners.com quietly
becomes mail2.cornerstonecapitalpartner

-David