[Exim] Re: Envelope field vs Header field

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Envelope field vs Header field
--
On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 04:31:50PM -0400, Jeremy Bair wrote:

| Unless I turn on some form of envelope masquerading, or use a
| different mail client (one that establishes it's own envelope), defaultly,
| a mail program like pine will create the envelope from field to:
| user@hostname right? (Not sure if pine calls up the smtp server directly,
| but I believe it passes the email through a local mail program.)

You can have exim rewrite the address using this rewrite rule
(substitute with your host/domain name) :

*@dman.ddts.net "${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses} {$value}fail}" frFs

and then put
    oryx: fursuiter@???
in /etc/email-addresses.

You can add additional lines for the other user accounts on your
system, if they have a different address than $USER@$HOST.

-D

--
If your life is a hard drive,