Exim 4 bug? (was: [Exim] Exim 3 multiple Ports) (*should* ha…

Autor: Dave C.
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, James P. Roberts
Assumptes vells: Re: [Exim] Exim 3 multiple Ports
Assumpte: Exim 4 bug? (was: [Exim] Exim 3 multiple Ports) (*should* have been: Exim 4 multiple ports)
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > daemon_smtp_port = 25 : 515
> >
> > .. and it didnt like that...
>
> No. That option sets the default port for the daemon, and there's only
> one default currently.
>
> > Is there no way to specify multiple ports without explicitly listing the
> > IP addreses?
>
> I didn't think there was, because I'd forgotten about:
>
> > local_interfaces = 0.0.0.0.25 : 0.0.0.0.587
>
> I think that will work in lots of cases. I should document it.

Argh. I've just managed (after much pulling of hair) that this breaks
exim's detection of its local name.

Eg, @mx_any and company no longer work, it will happily send messages
back to itself if its the secondary mx and the primary is out.. etc..

Obviously this is not a workable condition ;)

It would be nice if deamon_smtp_port did accept multiple ports, and exim
would listen on them all.

There currently doesnt appear to be any way to tell exim to listen on
all IP addresses on the machine and on multiple TCP ports without
specifically listing all the IP's and all the ports.