Re: [Exim] Attachment Filtering

Autor: Jeffrey B. Green
A: Adrian Swinoga
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Attachment Filtering
Adrian Swinoga wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm needing a little help. I'm wanting to filter out on one of the machines I administer all attachments with a .exe .com .bat .vba etc, basically anything that'll execute on a Windows machine. I've found the system_filter.exim but the installation instructions arent very well explained I feel.
>
> The systems is a Debian 2.2 machine with exim 3.12-10.2.
>
> Any help in trying to enable this attachment filter or another filter of some description would be greatly appreciated.

I have a machine in the same condition, but my experience is that
3.12 won't accomodate system filter support which came with 3.2 if I
recall correctly. Upgrade to the Woody version (3.35) if you can and the
filter will do quite well. Unfortunately, 4.x isn't yet in an official
maintained Debian package, but it's available elsewhere.

--

Jeffrey B. Green    Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com