Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH obsurification?

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH obsurification?
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> I seem to remember once someone posting a way of recording the ID that
> was used for an SMTP AUTH session in the headers of a message, but
> hashing it in some way that hid the data from immediate view, but which
> the admin could decode using a secret key.
>
> I've search around, but am unable to find anything on this.
>
> Anyone here know where I can find this info?

right below this line: [;))]

ASMTP_HEADER_SECRET = pangalaktikgargleblaster

received_header_text = "Received: \
    [...]
    ${if def:authenticated_id { (authenticated sender: ${md5:${authenticated_id}${message_id}ASMTP_HEADER_SECRET})}}\
    [...]

or you can put it in an X- header or something.

--
[-]