Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [Exim] Using system-passwords for authentication
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop
First, thank you so much for your time helping me with this. I realize how
busy you are, and I truly appreciate it. I did a test debugging run with
exim -bd -q1h -d and I think I figured out what's happening.

Here's is how I had my spam_trap router configured:

spam_trap:
driver = redirect
condition = ${if def:h_X-Warning: {yes}{no}}
data = spam
file_transport = address_file

This router sits directly after my dnslookup router, and before my
system_alias and virtual alias routers.

The spam_trap router is catching everything that has an X-Warning: header,
including the copies that had been copied to the user "backup" by the
system-filter. The system-filter "backup" copy actually gets to the
spam_trap router first, but is redirected to the user "spam" instead of
"backup" by that router. However, the log entry says spam <system-filter>
because that particular copy actually originated in the system-filter.
The other copies are discarded as duplicates.

I see two solutions. One is to make the spam_trap router deliver the
address unseen. However, it wouldn't be much of a trap then, would it?

The second, which I have chosen is to modify the spam_trap router thusly:

spam_trap:
driver = redirect
condition = ${if def:h_X-Warning: {yes}{no}}
data = spam,backup
file_transport = address_file

So, even though the spam_trap router intercepts a message marked with
X-Warning:, it still delivers a copy to the user "backup".

That works for me. My questions to you are:

1) Do you think I'm still confused?
2) Is there a way to set this scheme up that you think is better?

Again, thank you so much for your time, and for your lovely software. The
configurability is simply awesome.

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA