Re: [Exim] Smart POP

Autor: John Robinson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Smart POP
At 00:46 07/08/2002 +0100, Nick wrote:
> [...]

[...]
> > [Nick wrote:]
> > >Sendmail virtusertable may look like:
> > >
> > >@we-love-spam.com    spam
> > >user1@???    user1
> > >user2@???    user2

> > >Anyone give me any pointers on how would I do this with Exim?
> > >TIA
> >
> > Easy, add *@ after your lookup method, e.g.
> >    data = ${lookup{$local-part@$domain}
> > lsearch*@{/etc/exim/virtusers}{$value}{:fail:}}

[...]
>Got it working, well sort of anyway, trouble is I was getting all mail sent
>to valid and non valid user accounts from all valid domains, I will keep
>trying.

You may need the no_more option at the end of your virtual router.
Alternatively, you do understand that using the *@ format means that any
local-part will match the @domain part, just the same as your
virtusertable, so actually there aren't any non-valid addresses?

Also note that files searched by lsearch are text files in traditional
aliases file format, so you can't directly use your old sendmail
virtusertable, you either have to fix your virtusertable file to have
colons in it between the LHS and RHS, or you need to use dbm instead of
lsearch and keep using makemap or whatever to create your virtusertable.db
file. You can use *@ with dbm too.

Re both, I recommend you check the manual for the exact meanings and
implications; while I'm very happy to suggest things, your setup or your
requirements probably vary from mine and I'm pretty much a newbie here myself!

HTH

John.

--
John Robinson                                     Tel +44 7771 784058
  Though my soul may set in darkness / It will rise in perfect light;